We hope this introduction will help you understand our practice as well as our clinical and surgical philosophies as it distinctly varies from that of your local veterinarian practice.
The Animal Medical Centre was founded by Dr. S Sivagurunathan in 1972, it has since evolved from a simple orthopeadic practice into a fully functional 24-hour emergency and critical care hospital. It is the only accredited private veterinary hospital in Malaysia, dedicated as a teaching and training hospital for graduating veterinary students from the Veterinary Faculty of University Putra Malaysia (UPM). We pride ourselves in with the employment of 65 staff who are trained and dedicated to assisting the veterinarians at our practice to support and function effectively.
Our Internationally Accredited Consultant ophthalmologist, Dr. Amilan Sivagurunathan has lectured undergraduate students and published a series of articles on veterinarians ophthalmology at the University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, South Africa and has returned to Malaysia to join the team.
Our passion for the human animal bond drives us to provide advanced diagnostic veterinary care and services at our door step, through our panel of visiting specialist consultants. We are also passionate about current advances in veterinary care and our mission at the hospital is to provide you the following:
- Reliable and accurate diagnosis of your pet’s condition within 24-48 hours
- Sound understanding of your pet’s condition and exceptional professional care
- Clear and concise explanations of your pets problems
- Utilization of current surgical techniques to optimise recovery
- Excess to a veterinarian database which gives us the ability to connect with experts from 12 independent veterinary specialist centers for second opinions.
- Internationally revered ophthalmology practice recognized through the work of our consultants Dr. Amilan Sivagurunathan, Dr. Izak Venter and Dr. Anthony Goodhead
- Around-the-clock supervision and aftercare offered by our trained veterinary nurses and technicians
- A guarantee that as a referral veterinarian practice, we involve ourselves in veterinary research and publications and continually upgrade our knowledge base.
- Our support, contributions and involvement in various animal welfare programmes (www.mnawf.org.my)
All fees charged at the hospital are in accordance with veterinary standard guidelines. Our specialist service payment rates are the lowest internationally. We will always strive to provide you with the most accurate estimate of any intended procedure.
Our consultant / referral services are very different from general surgery as unique consumables, such as microsurgical materials, instruments and dedicated surgical devices are required to perform many of our procedures. Some of these items are specially imported from various countries to improve surgical procedures and results.
We are more than willing to offer our clients various options for treatment, however we are not in a position to compromise on cost of these devices or items. Nevertheless, an account of these items will be clearly indicated in the invoices.
We look forward to assisting you and your pet to strengthen and enrich the human, animal bond.
Animal Medical Centre (Group of hospitals)