Animal Medical Centre respects and is committed to protect your personal data/information, shared with us in strict accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act, Malaysia 2010 (PDPA).
Listed below are the important information about how we process and use your personal data.
Source of the Personal Data
Your personal data is collected from various sources, including information you have provided to AMC, information from third parties and information in public domain. You are the “Data subject“ and you may have supplied and may continue to supply from time to time, your personal data information (including sensitive personal data) by use of our healthcare services or health-related services, enquiring about us or our services, participating in our promotional activities, through business relations with us and/or for administrative purposes in compliance with any laws.
It is obligatory that you supply us with your personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process your data to enable us to serve you in future.
Description of the Personal Information
Your personal information may include your Name, NRIC number, Contact details, Gender, Address, Banking Account Details, Medical History of your Pets and information and other personal information including sensitive data information.
Obligatory personal information
Your personal information is collected and further processed by Animal Medical Centre as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your service, including the following
- To process your request for the medical services on your pets
- To administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events
- To facility your medical management within Animal Medical Centre, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultant within Animal Medical Centre for purpose of peer view.
- To administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical management
- To process any monies due to you
- For internal records management and
- For utilizing such information for the purpose of debt recovery in the event of any monies due and owing from you/or companies.
- In addition we may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for the purpose of providing our services to you.
Disclosure of the Personal Data
- Your personal data may be disclosure to the following parties, where relevant
- Healthcare professional ( as defined in PDPA )
- Debt collection authorities and agencies
- Legal Firms
- Other Private or Government Vet Hospitals
- Family and next of kin
- To such parties as may be permitted under the laws of Malaysia
- To such parties as may be required by law,court,regulator or legal process to disclose
Access and Update of Personal Data
We shall do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, clear and up to date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date, please contact us so that we can make the necessary changes to your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. We recommend that your request for access to your personal data held by Animal Medical Centre be made in writing. Your identity In accordance with PDPA.
We retain data for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purpose, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer for any enquiries or if you wish to lodge a complaint relating to misuse or suspected misuse of your data, access your data, request to make changes or if you would like us to stop processing your data.
We would like to protect your privacy as far as visitors are concerned. It would help us greatly if you specify your preferences as to who is allowed, family or friends, to visit you during your stay here. We also require you to list down a next of kin contact for us to contact you pertaining to your Fur Companion Medical Status.
Providing us with the list of person’s allowed to visit your Fur Companian,is optional.However please note that in the event you do not specify who is allowed to visit, and your preferences is that visitor are allowed, then there will be no restriction.